Day 945

It has been almost three years since Dad became so introverted, he never talks anymore he just stairs. His gaze looks so far off; I often wonder what he is thinking what goes on in his mind. I am thankful for the time off, this leave of absent will give me; time to take care of him and spend time with him, even though he is not here with me mentally. I thought I would keep a diary of our last days together. I can’t believe I just wrote that….. But it is a fact I have to come to terms with.

Today he exhibited a strange behavior. He picked up a pad and pencil as I was walking him passed the desk in the den. He kept it with him the rest of the day and wrote on it. Mostly scribbling, I could not make it out; I never could read his hand writing. But it seems to keep him occupied.

Go to Day 947